1. This past weekend I went to a couple of restaurants I had never been to before.
On Friday night, my friend Nova and I met for drinks, which then turned into dinner, at 1905 on U Street. I had heard great things about 1905’s cocktails and burger. I had been trying to come here for months but something always came up (read: whoever I was doing happy hour with at the time and I decided to go to a closer bar). I finally made it! Nova and I were very happy with our cocktails and we ordered their homemade potato chips for an appetizer and their potato gnocchi to share for dinner. (I’m sorry, I didn’t take any photos. :-( )
As you know from my U Street post yesterday, I will totally go back here.
2. On Saturday, my friend Liz and I ate lunch in Georgetown at Martin’s Tavern and then did some Christmas shopping. Martin’s Tavern was okay. Liz and I both enjoyed our food (she got the buttermilk pancakes and I got the lox and bagel platter – again, no pictures – I suck!) Nothing really stood out, except for the fact that our waitress forgot to bring me my iced tea. I really liked that the restaurant was decked out for Christmas!
3. I will NEVER drive to and from Georgetown during the Christmas season ever again. It took me 1 hour to get out of there after Liz and I parted ways after shopping. No joke. In addition to the typical Christmas car and foot traffic, someone decided it would be a good idea to do several road construction projects that day. Not only was it bumper to bumper, but people suddenly forgot how to drive and follow the rules of the road. I was so angry.
4. In happier news I watched two more Christmas movies over the weekend- The Holiday and Love Actually!
5. My mom started her new job on Monday! She is now working at the National Academy of Sciences in D.C.
6. Last week I tried several fabulous recipes that I will definitely cook again. They were simple, didn’t take too much time, healthy AND delicious!