I had the most amazing alcoholic beverage I probably have ever had in my life at my friend Margaret’s holiday party last weekend. What is this fabulous drink you ask? Why it’s “Bourbon Slush”! I personally loved this drink because it embodied everything I like about my alcoholic beverages – has alcohol in it, but you really can’t taste the alcohol because it’s mixed really well with other delicious flavors and the drink itself isn’t too heavy, but light and airy. In other words COMPLETELY DANGEROUS.
The recipe below is credited entirely to Margaret’s mom, ML Glover:
- 1 can of frozen orange juice
- 1 can of frozen lemonade
- 2 cups brewed black tea, cooled (you can add 1/2 cup sugar for a sweeter version)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup bourbon- per the maker you can add more if you wish 😉
- Mix all the ingredients together and freeze in a Tupperware.
- Scoop a couple of spoonfuls of slush into a glass and top off with club soda or 7up.
- Feel free to garnish with a mint sprig
Laura’s Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift or whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Either by hand or with electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until
combined. Stir in chips to taste.
4. Place one spoonful of cookie dough onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 ½ inches between each ball.
5. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets. When cooled, peel cookies from parchment.
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
I may or may not have sampled one last night and boy, was it good! (And that’s saying a lot for me since I don’t normally gravitate to sweet things unless they are cupcakes. Horror of horrors, I don’t like chocolate!)
Happy Thursday. 🙂