1. In keeping with my desire to hang out on U Street more, I met up with some friends at the Brixton for drinks (unfortunately we couldn’t order food on the rooftop bar, so I guess I’ll have to go back again…) before heading to the 9:30 Club for a Lady Gaga vs. Madonna vs. Boy Band dance party with DJ Lil ‘E. Naturally we all danced our faces off!
2. I watched Mystic Pizza this weekend. While I thought it was a cute movie and I was glad to watch it since I ate here, it’s probably a movie I am okay with seeing only once.
3. I finally went to Dangerously Delicious Pies on H Street on Saturday night after going to Biergartenhaus for a friend’s birthday. I had been told that their pies, both sweet and savory, were to die for. Tommy and I shared a piece of the Baltimore Bomb pie, which has Berger cookies, a local specialty, melted down and swirled into a sweet vanilla chess filling. It was delicious, but the price for a piece of pie is kind of steep – $6.50. Truth be told, I’d probably go back though!
4. I joined a book club! I am super excited about it since I have been wanting to join one for awhile, but the timing never worked. So far so good for this one. Our first meeting of 2013 is this Sunday evening. I have to read Into the Wild by John Krakauer. I bought it on iTunes yesterday and have already delved into it.
5. Once I finish my cup of coffee and take Violet out for her morning walk I plan on running 3.5 miles according to my training plan. Training for the half continues to go well!
Happy Tuesday. 🙂