1. I have this desire (albeit, strange) to buy a crock- pot immediately. It began while we were in Maine for Christmas. I watched my sister-in-law cook all these delicious meals in hers and I got inspired. Namely because it seems to be the perfect thing to have to cook weeknight meals, when the last thing you want to do when you walk in the door is cook dinner, but the first thing you want when you walk in the door is dinner. It also probably doesn’t help that a lot of my friends are writing and talking about all these tasty crock pot meals they are cooking.
2. I am debating whether or not Tommy and I should go to a Wizards game sometime in the near future. We support all the other D.C. sports teams – (Nats, Capitals, Redskins – when the Cowboys and Patriots aren’t playing, of course!), just haven’t really gotten on board with the Wizards. I hear you can get pretty sweet tickets for cheap, so why the heck not. We shall see…
3. I finally bought this running zip-up jacket I have been wanting for awhile. I’m excited to run in it!
4. Tommy will be going to his first Muy Thai class at our new neighborhood gym, DCBFIT, tonight! He is pumped. Be sure to read tomorrow for his guest post about it. In the meantime, if you haven’t already, read his first post about the gym here.
5. Our book club chose, Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, by Robin Sloan for our book to read this month. While it wasn’t my first choice, I am excited to read it. I plan on buying the book early next week.
Has anyone read Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore? If so, what were your thoughts?