1. Remember when I was really hankering for a crock-pot? We got one this weekend! Tommy and I are excited to start cooking things in it. I spent some of this weekend looking at crock-pot recipes online. There are a couple that I am really eager to try, one of them being French onion soup. 🙂
2. On Saturday night Tommy, several friends of ours, and I tried a new Mediterranean restaurant on 8th Street SE/Barracks Row, Tash. To say that it was delicious would be an understatement. Tommy went back the next night for dinner with a friend – that should tell you something! For the quality of the food, I thought the prices were incredibly reasonable. I’d even go as far to say that it was “cheap” by D.C. sit-down restaurant standards. The service was a little slow, but I think it’s because they are in the middle of their “soft opening” and weren’t really expecting so many people to be eating their yet. Clearly there was a previously missing need for Mediterranean food on Capitol Hill!
First up, the ladies had to order some fun cocktails (of course):
Lindsay thought her drink was a little too sweet and preferred Sara’s drink. I loved both of their drinks and especially mine. 🙂
I ordered the salmon for my entrée, but unfortunately I scarfed it up so fast I forgot to take a picture of it! If that’s not a testament to a good meal, I don’t know what is! I would definitely order the salmon again. Everyone else, the gals and their dates, had great things to say about their meals as well. We were too stuffed to order dessert.
3. Thus far I have discovered I like Snap Infusion Multi-Berry Beans and Gu Chomps for running snacks during my longer runs. I still have yet to try the Gu Energy Gel, but something tells me I won’t like it, just because of the texture. But we’ll see. I will need to hit up City Sports again to restock my running snacks soon.
4. Tommy and I have decided that for our “big” trip this year we’d like to go to either Costa Rica or Belize. The time of year has yet to be determined, but we have started doing some preliminary research. I’m excited!
5. So far, so good on the giving up pasta for Lent this year. I imagine it’ll get tougher as the days go by, but so far I haven’t had too many cravings for pasta. That didn’t stop me from pinning some delicious pasta recipes on Pinterest though.
1) Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe? If so, details!