1. The Rock ‘N’ Roll Half is right around the corner (this SATURDAY)! Pretty soon my precious 3-month training plan will have to come off the wall.
2. My friend Lindsay and I checked out J. Edgar, the new bar in the Mayflower Hotel, for happy hour on Friday. They have all kinds of fun deals on various nights of the week. Every Friday night they serve a variety of free flatbread from 5-7pm. Completely unlimited. While I was waiting for Lindsay to arrive I noticed people piling 6 pieces of flatbread onto their plates. I may or may not have followed suit… I am currently contemplating going their for dinner one Sunday night because the special then is everything off the menu is 50% off!
3. Not counting today there are 19 days left until opening day at Nationals stadium. I can’t believe it – where has this year gone?! Tommy and I are pumped. We can’t wait to go to our first game of the season (as season ticket holders!) on April 3.
4. On Thursday night a bunch of friends and I are going to the P!NK concert at Verizon Center. Can’t wait to rock out. 🙂
5. Lent check-in. So far giving up pasta hasn’t been bad at all. In fact, I was surprised to see that Easter is not too far away at all. A little over two weeks. I credit my being so busy with a new job and training for the half marathon for the reasons why I didn’t have time to dwell on the fact that I couldn’t eat pasta. I haven’t slipped yet!
Do you have a favorite P!NK song? If so, what is it?