1) Tommy and I went to a wedding on Saturday night for our friends Nova and Shimon. It was a lovely ceremony, very informal and intimate. What I loved most about this wedding was a ritual of the “warming of the rings” that was done during the ceremony. Right at the beginning the pastor asked that each person in the audience take the wedding rings and cup them in our hands to warm them and say a prayer or blessing for the couple. I had never heard or done this before and I really liked it.
2) The next morning I hopped on the Northeast Regional Amtrak train to catch the tail end of a friend’s 30th birthday weekend celebration. More to come on this trip later in the week. 🙂
3) I learned last night on my cab ride home from Dupont Circle (where my bus from New York City let us off) that my name means “money” in Indian. Some would say this is very fitting due to my occasional expensive-leaning taste. 😉
4) Tommy and I had a blast for this month’s “Date Night”. More information to come tomorrow! Here is a photo teaser.
5) Today is my dad’s birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.