Good morning and Happy Friday!
Remember when I mentioned I was participating in a work fitness challenge? I thought I would do a check-in today to see how I was progressing on my way to winning the cash prize. 🙂 and staying fit of course!
- The fitness challenge is affectionately called the RBG (Ruth Bader Ginsburg) 60 Day Fitness Challenge 2.0.
- Anyone can join in this challenge – co-workers, spouses, significant others. All participants were required put in $50 and submit two challenging, competitive personal goals to work towards for the next two months(ish). This challenge started on August 1st and will end on September 30th.
- Each participant has to submit their goals and a workout sheet after each completed workout which then gets put on a spreadsheet that other participants can see and track.
- This challenge has 45 participants.
My two goals were:
1) Complete 24 cardio sessions for at least 30 minutes. As of today I have completed 19 cardio sessions that have lasted at least 30 minutes.
2) Complete 16 yoga/barre/zumba/group classes. As of today I have completed 7 yoga/barre/zumba/other group classes.
Not too shabby with the cardio, but I’m going to have to up my game with getting to the gym for more group classes. It’s just been so hard to physically get to the gym with all my traveling, work, and personal commitments. Running is a bit easier to do early in the morning before work: wake up, throw on workout clothes and running shoes, and hit the pavement!
Wish me luck!
Have a wonderful weekend. 🙂