I had a very serious, important task to do last night after I got home from work.
What you may ask? Bake 25 any-flavor-of-my-choice cupcakes with white cupcake papers.
Why you may ask?
It’s my office’s annual holiday dessert competition, of course! This competition happens every year at our holiday party (or so I’m told. This will be my first holiday party at my job). Apparently people get COMPETITIVE. I will have more to share with you tomorrow, but here are some details about the competition:
- Our entire HQ office has been split into teams of about 15 people. There is an overall theme that the desserts need to incorporate- the Winter Olympics.
- Our dessert creation has to be 80% edible.
- Entries must be collaborative; every team member must have a role in creating the dessert.
- The dessert can be no larger than 2’ width x 2’ length x 1.5’ height.
- Outside help (bakeries, non- employees, family members) is not permitted.
There will be two forms of judging this year – official judges (who will choose the winner) and YOU! We are doing “People’s Choice Awards” this year. Every staff member will get one ticket – you can put your ticket into the appropriate ballot box for your favorite dessert (it doesn’t have to be your team’s dessert!).
Entries will be judged on the following:
- 50% Appearance/Creativity
- 50% Taste
- Desserts must be set up by 6 PM.
I will report back tomorrow on how the dessert competition went. And maybe a first place ribbon???!