For all you soccer fans – let’s go Team USA! Fingers crossed they can beat Belgium and advance to the quarterfinals…
1) Last Friday was a work “summer Friday” which meant the office closed at 1pm. A couple co-workers and I took advantage of this and had a nice lunch at Teddy and the Bully Bar. I ordered their Fresh Mint Iced Tea and the Teddy Grilled Cheese (Goat Cheese, Smoked Gouda Cheese, Kale Pesto, Artichoke).
2) Later that night I had the wonderful opportunity to meet several neighbors in my hood – I had two parties to go to. The first was a ladies cocktail and appetizer get-together and served as a way for old and new female neighbors to meet each other. The second was a casual (co-ed) dinner party another couple we had met previously was hosting as a thank-you for helping their family out with their move to Chesapeake Beach and their newest family additions of twin baby boys. (They also have a 2-year old daughter). It was such a delightful evening and Tommy and I really enjoyed hanging out in our neighborhood.
3) While I enjoyed a relaxed and unscheduled Saturday (meaning NOTHING was on my calendar), Tommy and his friend spent several hours kayak fishing and brought home dinner! Along with Tommy’s friend, his wife, and their dog (who is Violet’s new best friend) we had a delicious dinner of clam pasta and croaker at our house.
4) On Sunday my mom and I went to the Degas/Cassatt exhibit at the National Gallery of Art. It was lovely, albeit a small collection, but still great to see nonetheless. The exhibit runs from now to October 5th. If you are near the National Mall, I recommend seeing this exhibit!
5) After art-gazing I met a sorority sister who was in town for the weekend at Jaleo for some sangria.
Hope you have a great day!