I’m excited to share our second day in this weekly’s Tuesday Tidbits. 🙂
1) After a good night’s sleep on Friday night, we all woke up rested, energized, (and early! The time change from east coast to west coast will do that!)
First agenda item on the itinerary, brunch at Auberge du Soleil, which was amazing. The food was fresh, rich, and delicious and the service impeccable. We absolutely paid for our meal (it was a set menu with a drink and three courses, including dessert), but it was really great. Of course the views weren’t so bad either. The four of us met up with three other friends for brunch and a day of winery-hopping afterward!
2) After our 2 hour brunch we headed down the road to Raymond Vineyards in Napa. This winery was definitely a trip or should I say a “scene”. The decor and ambiance was very modern, contemporary, and hip. Our tour guide told us the winery hosts tons of wild parties on weekend nights and during “wine pick-up parties” (when wine club members pick up their quarterly wine package installments). This winery also had its distinguished “Red Room” where winery guests could hang out and enjoy a bottle of wine at the bar, sit on the luxurious couches, or play chess.
3) Next up was Kelly Fleming Winery in Calistoga. COMPLETELY different than Raymond. A much smaller but incredibly charming and beautiful winery, family-owned. The exterior reminded me of a mix between a stone cottage and farmhouse. It was lovely.
We also took a tour of this winery, particularly because the winery had its own cave where they stored their wine. The tour was followed by another private tasting, of course.
4) After all of our wine tastings it was time for dinner! We had reservations at Tra Vigne, in St. Helena, which we were told was known for its pizza. Fine by me – I had a half marathon to carb-load for the next morning! 😉
5. Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon 2.0 recap coming tomorrow!