Happy Tuesday folks! For those of you that had yesterday off, hope it was a good one.
I was fortunate to have the day off (as was Tommy). In celebration of a 3-day weekend and Columbus Day, my good friend Christina came to visit from Dallas. We crammed a lot into our weekend, but also had quality movie-watching (we watched Father of the Bride 2 – Saturday afternoon- and Sex and the City 2 – Sunday night) and girl talk time. Here are some of the highlights!
1) When she arrived around noon on Saturday, I took her to the new Sweet Green at the Yards (she had never been to one!) and then we toured the new, snazzy Vida Fitness Center that just opened right next to Sweet Green. Both locales were amazing – I have always been a fan of Sweet Green and Christina loved the salad she got. I also cannot wait to start working out at this gym!
2) Later that night Christina and I dolled ourselves up for a girls dinner (I had invited four of my friends to join us for dinner and drinks) at Ping Pong Dim Sum and then we hit up Zengo and Poste for after-dinner drinks.
3) Since we stayed out pretty late on Saturday night (hello 2am!) Christina and I slept in and had a leisurely morning before we went on a short, easy 3.1 mile run to and from the beach back to my house.
4) We then showered and got ready to head to Annapolis where we ate a delicious lunch at Paladar before we bought some groceries at Whole Foods. We were planning on cooking dinner, Pho, for my mom and Tommy that night!
5) Soon it was time to head home. I had a standing appointment to meet with a potential landscaper at 4:30pm. Tommy and I would like to have some advice and expertise on how to landscape our front and back yard so we have begun the process of interviewing different companies to see who we like best and who can offer us the best bang for our buck. Luckily our resident “green-thumber” my mom was also there for this appointment.
Once that was done, it was time to get busy in the kitchen! We decided to make this Pho recipe and it came out wonderfully!
6) On Monday we left pretty early for Georgetown. We had a lot to squeeze in – breakfast at Baked and Wired, some shopping, a matinee showing of Gone Girl, and then a late lunch at Paper Moon. Before we knew it, I was dropping Christina off at the airport!
Thanks for coming to visit Christina! Come back anytime. 🙂