Happy Thursday folks!
If you haven’t had time to notice, Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks exactly. Where has time gone?
Anyhoo this pending holiday got me to thinking of some of my current Thanksgiving traditions and maybe some I’d like to adopt soon, especially with our daughter being with us by next Thanksgiving!
1) On Thanksgiving Day I like to watch all the Friends Thanksgiving episodes. Tommy likes us to also watch the Peanuts Thanksgiving Episode.
2) No matter where we enjoy our Thanksgiving meal, baked macaroni and cheese is always on the menu. Prepared lovingly for Tommy. (This task is usually given to me, but one year his older sister made it when we spent Thanksgiving in Maine). It is enjoyed by everyone, but Tommy loves having this dish at the dinner table.
3) We always watch football on Thanksgiving Day no matter who is playing – obviously if the Cowboys, Redskins or Patriots are playing that is extra fantastic.
4) When we can we participate in a local Turkey Trot race.
5) I unabashedly and unashamedly admit that I do enjoy Black Friday shopping – on Black Friday. Whether it’s going with a friend or my mom, I just like the experience of waking up in the early hours of the morning, shopping for a few hours, and then coming home to relax and watch movies on the couch. 🙂
6) Usually beginning on Black Friday and throughout the holiday weekend I take this weekend to get and decorate our Christmas tree and put up all of our holiday decorations. As a lover of Christmas – this is such a fun and glorious time for me. 🙂 I also watch Christmas movies nonstop over the weekend.
Traditions I’d Consider Adopting:
1) Making a Thanksgiving breakfast casserole to be eaten in the morning of Thanksgiving while preparing for the big meal.
2) Have a small box readily available for guests to drop note cards in saying what they are thankful for. Read the cards during dinner.
3) Make a turkey with all the fixings and bring it to a homeless shelter or a charity that feeds the homeless.
What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions?