Balking “tradition” Tommy and I have decided to stay put this year for Christmas (we were originally planning on going up to Maine to spend Christmas with his family as per our rotating Thanksgiving and Christmas every other year between our two families). While we are sad we won’t collectively see everyone this Christmas (Tommy is planning on taking a long weekend up there in the next month or so to visit and deliver our Christmas presents) we thought staying local would be a better idea. This way we can have our last Christmas be quieter and tamer before the crazy begins in April (ha!), this will allow us good quality time to spend with our incredibly wimpy and needy dog, and since we have been doing a lot of air travel lately we thought it’d be a good idea for me to stay rooted on dry land for a bit. 🙂 I have found that Ava may not enjoy flying all that much…
With all that being said here are some things I am looking forward to doing this Christmas break. (My office kindly gives us the week between Christmas and New Year’s off automatically).
1) Taking a day trip to Fredrick, Maryland and eating here for lunch. YUM!
2) Completing Ava’s baby registry (or coming pretty darn near it) and starting to prep her nursery for painting!
3) Taking Violet on some hikes.
4) Catching up on my magazine reading.
5) Maybe scope out Saint Michaels, MD one day – which is on the short list for a mini babymoon trip next year!
Have a great night!