Hello friends and happy hump day! Now that I’m caught up on my Thanksgiving trip recaps, I thought I should catch you up on some of the highlights that happened when I was writing all the recaps of our great memories from Istanbul and Prague!
1) Tommy, Violet and I went hiking during our Christmas break early one morning. Tommy and Violet had been to this trail before – maybe a 20 minute drive from our house. Our little Princess certainly enjoyed herself, as did we!
2) The 14th Street Gals enjoyed another delicious meal on 14th Street during the break as well. We had several special guests attend the dinner – our significant others and our friend Teresa and her boyfriend Omar who were visiting from Cairo! We ate at Ted’s Bulletin and it was great catching up over yummy food.
3) We ate at Boss Shepherd’s for the first time over the break too with our good friends Liz and Ling. Would definitely go back – perhaps the next time I catch a show at the Warner Theater since it’s right next door!
4) Hmmm seems all we have been doing lately is eating…Tommy and I enjoyed a delicious Sunday brunch this past weekend with our good friends Byrd, Patty and their adorable baby daughter, Isabella, at Redstone American Grill at National Harbor. This place was also good and I can see it becoming one of our National Harbor faves. 🙂
5) Over the break, baby Ava, started kicking for the first time! And she hasn’t stopped yet. I swear even in the womb I fear this child will be running all over Tommy and me come late-April!
6) My Dallas Cowboys survived their first play-off round last Sunday! Now it’s on to the Packers this Sunday. Here’s to hoping and wishing. 🙂
7) I am getting super excited for my Dallas baby shower in mid-February!