Happy Tuesday folks!
Hope everyone is doing well. Today’s Tuesday Tidbits is this past weekend’s recap. It’s ironic, while it seems like our weekends should be winding down with Ava’s impending arrival, they seem to be busier than ever. Guess we’re just trying to cram everything in before she arrives!)
1) On Friday after work I enjoyed catching up with a former co-worker and friend, Laura, over drinks and appetizers at Graffiato.
2) On Saturday, Tommy and I met up with one of his mentors, Marie, for brunch at Virtue Feed and Grain in Old Town Alexandria. Not only do we love this restaurant, but we always enjoy spending time with Marie!
I ordered the seafood pasta special with a side of brussels sprouts.
While Marie got the quinoa salad.
3) After brunch we all parted ways to take care of some to-do items on our respective lists. I went to Buy Buy Baby to buy some more things off Ava’s registry, to test and select a glider for Ava’s nursery and purchase a couple more maternity clothes for the hospital, while Tommy went home and among the several things he did, he built Ava’s crib! We also did some more of Ava’s laundry (believe it or not she has already acquired so many clothes, blankets, swaddles, socks, and hats that have required several loads of laundry!) and we packed all of our hospital bags (see “Go Bag“).
4) On Sunday Tommy and I both had massages at M3 Massage in Georgetown and then we headed home because my mom was preparing an Easter dinner feast for us back at our house. She bought Tommy a smoker as a surprise present for him since Ava and I had been getting showered with so many baby gifts these past few months. Part of the Easter dinner menu included smoked brisket, smoked ham, and smoked pork loin. Tommy was in heaven!
5) After mom left, I continued the party in the kitchen by starting to make and freeze various recipes for Tommy and I to enjoy once Ava arrived since we undoubtedly wouldn’t have much free time in the first few weeks, especially to cook! My first meal to cook and freeze? Chili!
Hope you have a great rest of the day!