It has been QUITE awhile hasn’t it?! It is so hard to believe that little Ava will be turning 4 months on September 1. That is correct. Time certainly does fly when you’re having fun (and learning how to take care of a newborn for the first time!)
I returned to work from maternity leave on Wednesday, July 22. So far it has been good. It was wonderful to get back in the zone of working again. Of course I miss Ava to pieces, but it helps tremendously that my awesome cousin Lena moved in with us (from LA!) for 6 months to take care of Ava for us during the week. Godsend. I realized that nothing will cure the fact that I miss Ava when I’m not with her, but to already have that familiarity and trust of someone that is spending so much time with Ava alone – incredible.
I can’t promise I will be able to post every week day for a bit, but I promise I will post more often than I have since my last post. 🙂 I have so many things to catch you up on (reflections on being a new mom, events that have happened in the last four months, and big changes that are happening even now), so please bear with me. So as not to overwhelm you all and myself, I think today’s post should be a good, old-fashioned list.
1) Yesterday I made this super easy and delish Gazpacho recipe.
2) The hubby was awesome and took care of Ava while a girlfriend and I went to brunch one Sunday and saw Magic Mike XXL earlier this summer. This has been the only movie I have seen in the theater since even before Ava was born.
3) Tommy, Ava, and I are heading to Dallas to celebrate my friend Katie’s baby shower and visit friends and family this weekend. This will be Ava’s SECOND airplane ride of her life. (Promise to share details of her first airplane ride soon!)
4) Just because:
5) This article is a must read (and really spoke to me today).
6) I am getting so excited for some more friends to visit this fall (looking at you Meg and Tiffany). We were so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family come see us during Ava’s first few months of life to meet her, help us with all the chaos, and just be with us. Words can’t express.
Hope you all have a wonderful Monday.