Happy Tuesday ya’ll!
- I have been trying out a new yoga (and more!) studio in my hood, Mind the Mat, this week and last week. I did a Flow Yoga 1 class (since it was my first yoga class post-Ava) and a Slow Flow & Stretch yoga class. I really liked both of the classes. Today I am going to a FREE barre class, which I am pumped about. (The studio is introducing barre into its workout mix so they are allowing people to come try out the class). In addition to yoga and now barre, they also offer Pilates classes, as well as specialized classes (pre-natal yoga, post-pregnancy yoga, and yoga with babies to name a few).
- This past Thursday Tommy, Ava, and I got to meet and talk to Chelsea Clinton for a few minutes at her book signing of It’s Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired, and Get Going! at Politics and Prose. Tommy and I would be lying if we didn’t say the reason we got as much face time with Chelsea as we did was all because of Ava. Ava greeted her with a big smile and Chelsea ate it all up!
- On Saturday we treated our good friend Dan to lunch at Del Ray Pizza and then took him to a local brewery, Port City Brewing Company, to celebrate him passing the bar in two states – Maryland and Florida!
The brewery offers public tours Thursday thru Sunday (reservations aren’t required, but are suggested), almost every hour on the hour on the weekends. The price of the tour is $10 and includes six full tasters that they have on tap.
We decided not to go on the tour of the brewery and just took our time working our way through the list of tasters on the menu for the day. Next time! Note: the brewery itself doesn’t serve food (except for chips), but there is usually a food truck of some sort parked in the front on weekends. (This explains why we went to DRP first for a late lunch).
4. We decided to go to a quickly-becoming-a-favorite-local-spot of ours for brunch on Sunday, Del Ray Cafe.
5. We’re excited to check this out on Saturday.
Hope you have a great day!