Well, as you probably (hopefully!) know, Mother’s Day is this Sunday.
Today I wanted to share some ideas on things you can do with your mom (if you’re fortunate to live close to her) instead of things you can buy her. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love shopping and getting gifts as much as any girl, but now that I’m a mom I really got to thinking how I’d like to spend Mother’s Day and all I really want is to spend it with the ones I love.
If you haven’t decided yet what you’re doing with your mom yet, maybe one of these ideas is the perfect thing!
- Take your mom to a winery and have a picnic (this is what we’re doing and I’m so excited!)
- For the working out moms and daughters take a yoga, barre, Pilates, etc class together.
- Or go for a nice run or walk together.
- Take mom out to brunch or dinner.
- Cook mom a nice brunch or dinner.
- Go on a hike.
- Grill out.
- Go to a sporting event (baseball, hockey, soccer)
- Go to a museum together
- Go to a movie.
- Or a show or musical concert
- Run errands together
- Grab a cup of coffee.
- Or a drink.
- Hang out at home together and just be.
For those that don’t live close to mom here are some ideas:
- Give her a call – she always wants to hear your voice
- Send a text…but really give her a call
- Better yet – Face Time or Skype!
- Send her a card or flowers
I want to wish all the mamas out there an early “Happy Mother’s Day!”
What I wrote on this day in 2014.